Whether you are moving to a new state with man and van Hackney or relocating just a few hundred miles away, you are going to need some essential and effective long distance moving tips to make it a successful one. From the time you find out you’re moving, to the day your household goods are finally delivered to your new home, you won’t have to worry about missing a beat.
In this article we have gathered all the essential tips and strategies from moving experts on how to make your long distance move a successful one.
Please keep reading to know the best option for long distance moves…
Best option for Long Distance Move
For some moves, you wouldn’t have to give much effort, just throw all your belongings in the back of a man and van London and hit the road. On the contrary, a long distance move requires a lot of planning from you. To run everything smooth, it is best to follow the best available options to you on long distance moving tips. Below outlined are some of the long distance moving tips that will help you prepare for everything you need to do ahead of time in order to have successful house moves.
Outline your plan as soon as you know you’re moving
You are about to move everything you personally own to hundreds or thousands of miles away in a new country. Now, that kind of juggling task requires a full proof base plan. Whether you like to go with the flow of time, leaving out a lot of stress for the final move-in date or you want every moving-related to-do list recorded in a spreadsheet, it is crucial that you write down every move related task you need to accomplish. We know that’s a lot on your plate, and so to help you out, we have already listed the other following steps to help you get through every phase of your move smoothly.
Track and stay on planned schedule
Now that you already have a plan outlined, you need to track your planned schedule and stay on it. Some tasks are time sensitive such as utility installation, address change, school enrolment, so you don’t want to be scrambling to complete everything on the final moving date. To keep yourself from forgetting what all you need to do serial wise, try scheduling chunks of time on your daily schedule for moving-related tasks or setting up gentle reminders on your mobile phone. By tracking and staying on schedule, you are preparing yourself for a stress-free move in no time.
Get multiple in-home moving estimates from different moving companies
Since you are moving such a long distance, it is crucial for you to do everything in your capacity to hire the right moving company that can handle your move like a professional. Supreme man and van Essex is one such experienced and professional moving company that provides full moving services to its clients. While hiring the best company for you is a crucial part, another important step is to get in-home estimates from at least three different moving companies so you can get the best deal for your move at a reasonable price. As it is said, the earlier the better, you need to schedule your estimates at least four-weeks prior your move.
Find the right moving company
After going through a few in-home estimates and comparing the overall prices from different moving companies, you need to hire the most reputable and trustworthy moving company like man and van Brixton. This is an important decision that involves two critical aspects before deciding, i.e. reliability and affordability for a right moving company. Kindly note that the cheapest options are not always the best so don’t get caught in any moving scam while you are already trying to move thousands of miles away in a new country.
Update your address and important documents
When you plan for a long distance move, it is important to remember that with you and the location, your residential identity also changes. Hence, you require changing your address by giving all the updated information wherever required. However, the whole process gets even more complicated when you are moving a long distance since it includes updated information on various things such as the driver’s license and registration and other allied important documents. So, you have to make sure that you plan ahead of your move and research what all needs to be updated in a plenty of time before final moving date. Trust us, this is one of the essential long distance moving tips you should not ignore.
Purchase moving insurance
Being aware of your insurance policy coverage as to what all your insurance does and does not cover is also a significant point to make note of. Whether you have dozens of valuable belongings or not, it is best for you if you know what exactly is being covered in your insurance policy. If you are not aware of it, sit down with your agent before the move and see what your entire house and auto insurance covers as far as moving goes. Further, it is to remember that though moving companies usually offer to you a limited insurance policy, you might be willing to purchase a more comprehensive plan if you’ve many expensive and valuable personal belongings.
Look for Discounts
As already mentioned above, it is of prime importance that you research over the prices charged by different moving companies so you can hire the best and affordable moving company of man and van west London. You need to plan ahead your move by doing proper research on moving companies, moving containers, truck or van rentals and moving supply retailers that offer amazing deals and discounts and be cheaper and an ideal option for you. Some of these discounts are so big that it can make a previously expensive moving company the most cost-effective and cheapest option.
Several moving companies also provide specific discounts over use of their moving services such as military discounts are often offered to those who serve or have served in the military for the country. So, look for any other discount, if it is available on the package offered.
Have your work company pay for the move
Now that you have found a new job, a big congratulations to you! If you are moving to a new country for work, it is highly recommended that you inquire about your work company’s relocation policies. Many companies usually pay for all or part of the move for their employees, so it is certainly worth asking the HR department of your company. It also may happen that you company have their tied up or preferred company for cross country moves, so if your work company does pay for the relocation costs, be sure to save all the moving receipts. This way you will be able to document your expenses and get adequately reimbursed for the move.
Ship your belongings
While this is not the most popular and best moving option, shipping your belongings is indeed a great way for cross country moves when you are moving only a small amount of stuff. Shipping is one of the most convenient moving options for those who have less stuff and personal belongings to transport to their new home. This option is somehow not given much importance and if you have not considered this option, then must give it a try for a safe, easy, and secure delivery of items. It also might be one of the most convenient moving options you haven’t considered. In addition to shipping items via USPS, FedEx and UPS, you can also ship larger objects through various service providers online, such as uShip.com.
Choose a less busy day for your final moving date
Believe it or not –your final moving date can make a huge difference on the total moving costs incurred in your relocation. To do so, avoid deciding any peak day or a holiday as your moving date so that it could potentially save you money on man and van slough rentals, moving companies and more. A few peak moving dates to avoid (if possible) include weekends, the months between Memorial Day and Labor Day, and the first and last weeks of the month. Aim for a mid-day, mid-month move between the months of October to April.
Cut extra moving costs on a long distance move:
- Donate items that you no longer need in your new home: Long distance move seems to be of tedious task, especially when it involves moving out of large items, such as heavy furniture and office equipments take up more space in the man and van Croydon and may require a larger, more spacious van to move, which is obviously going to add up to the overall moving costs. Also, many long distance movers charge by weight so it is worth getting rid of extra things that are not of your use before moving. In fact, it could cost more to move these items than to simply repurchase them after the move. So, move accordingly for long distance relocation.
- Sell your stuff: Like most of the people, if you have also accumulated a lot of stuff over the years, it is best time for you take advantage of it and sell it online so you can make some money for your big move, By selling items which you no longer need before the move, you can actually make money to help yourself pay for the move. It also reduces a number of things you need to pack, which makes the job of unpacking easier with reduced shipping costs.
- Always get insurance if the move involves shipping of expensive items: While the upfront cost of moving insurance is not cheap, it could end up saving you money in the long run. This is especially true if you plan to move a lot of expensive and valuable items. So, to avoid the risk of suffering from damaged and broken items, it is best to get insurance if your move involves shipping of expensive items.
- It is best to ask about deductibles: When discussing insurance with your moving company man and van east London, be sure to ask about deductibles. Deductibles are the amount that the client pays out of pocket before the moving company is obligated to pay any insurance money. Some movers have a deductible before they pay an insurance claim. So, for example, if the deductible is $500, and the movers break something worth less than $500, you might be out of pocket to fix it.
- Obtain multiple moving quotes from different companies: As discussed above, it is a wise decision to get moving quotes from different moving companies so you can avail the services that suits you and fits best to your budget. Always give yourself enough time to wait for the best quote. Moving companies are usually booked six to eight weeks out, so try to interview movers several months before the move. You will surely get the best moving offers the further out you plan.
If you prefer to hire a professional moving company, man and van fulham is the best option for you. We all agree to the fact that few things have their charm to beat the ease and convenience of an expert mover when it comes to cross country or state moving options. Fortunately, Supreme man and van provide full moving service, from packing, loading to unloading and unpacking, the company does it all for you. The company has an extensive network of reputable and reliable staff that makes the moving process easy, efficient, and memorable for you. To know more, you can contact us, and get a quote for your long distance move here at https://www.suprememanvan.com/. Best of luck and happy moving!